Monday, October 23, 2006

Training Schedule:

The race is 10 months (roughly) away... In talking with PD, I am going to piggy back on a training program that has been used in the past. I think it comes from a well known local coach. He is possibly an awesome coach, but I don't have the money to pay for him, so I mooch. Anyway, Weeks One and Two Look like this:

MONDAY
  • Swim 2000 MetersRun
  • 3 to 5 Miles
TUESDAY
  • Swim 2000 MetersBike
  • MetersBike 20 to 30 Miles
WEDNESDAY
  • MetersRun Meters
  • Run 3 to 5 Miles
THURSDAY
  • Swim 2000 Meters
FRIDAY
  • Swim 2000 Meters
SATURDAY
  • Ride 30 to 50 Miles
SUNDAY
  • Run 6 to 10 Miles
Okay, so this is a plan for someone 9 to 10 months out from an Ironman distance. Here are my frist observations/thoughts upon first viewing the plan.
  1. Holy Crap
  2. Holy Crap that is more than I thought
  3. This is assuming allot
  4. How the hell can this be how it starts? What will it be like closer to race time??? Daily Marathons?
  5. Holy Crap

No comments: