Wednesday, October 25, 2006

In an attempt to gain motivation via a vehicle of investment, i.e. spending money on gear, I went to keifer swim shop today and threw down on fins, paddles, bag, lap counter, goggles, ear dildos, chamois (s) and a pull buoy. I am fired up. Maybe this will be the ticket to motivation! It should at least get me through the next couple of weeks.

So you are wondering what an ear dildo is... well, so I am in the shop and texting Phat Daddy David Morgan to get a read on swimming implements. My last question was around ear plugs. I am shopping away, waiting patiently for the reply and I get it. I glanced and noticed an answer. It read: "I use Macks pillowsoft aqua blockers. They are..." I stopped there thinking I had enough information then began handing the phone to the attractive young lady at the counter hoping to not have to expend much energy in describing my need. As my arm extended, I noticed the rest of the message: "...They are purple and look like little dildos." WHOOOW! I panicked and snapped the flip phone closed. It was too late, there was enough inertia and momentum to send the phone tumbling into a pile of kick boards. She reached and I intercepted. I was so rattled that I just said never mind shuffled to the register, giggling.

No comments: