Thursday, October 26, 2006

Training #2:

I did not accomplish my goal of 2000 meters tonight. I made it 1,600. I talked myself into cutting it short because I was running low on time and had to meet Norm for a night Mountain Bike ride at 8:00.

Swim 1,600 Meters:
  • 300 Warmup (free)
  • 100 Freestyle, Pace
  • 200 Pull
  • 200 Kick
  • 2 x 300 Frestyle, Pace, 30 seconds between
  • 200 Swim Down

Felt pretty good and relaxed in the pool... could almost close my eyes and swim. Motivation was a little low, mostly because of being tired and a little sore from yesterday's swim. Only got 5 hours sleep last night, so that sucks. My only comment to note is that my neck is really stiff.

After swimming, I met Norm for a little 10 miler at Grapevine on the mountain bikes. What a blast! I felt great, surprisingly! The swim did not seem to affect my performance except a little tri and shoulder soreness. All in all, a good day. I am finally getting over my cold and cough.

Observations:

  1. Neck is a little stiff and shoulders a little sore. Hope this goes away soon!
  2. Still feel and look a little fat. I am really excited to see this weight come off over the next 10 months.
  3. Still love my new friends, Clyde and Dale.
  4. RB does not like joking around while swimming. I filled a swim cap full of warm/hot water and dumped it on her from the edge of the pool while she swam. This really pissed her off. She promptly flipped me the bird and did not think it was funny. Oh well. I plan to keep messing with her until she lightens up

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah...thanks for messing with me and breaking my rhythm.....Honestly though, I am glad you mess with me because I really do need to chillax in the pool....I get way too serious. After the Keller tri, I am just too hard on myself in the pool and need to have fun like I used to. I hate it when you mess with me, but love the lightening up that comes from it!