Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Question number 1: Can I start my training tomorrow? How about next week?

This is the first week of training and already my schedule is not allowing me to train. How in the hell is this going to work? If I cannot get time to start training, then how am I going to get the training done when it really matters? Ugh.

I need to make some changes... that is becoming very apparent. I need to set some goals. I feel like there should be some prefabricated goals in a training manual somewhere that I should adopt... but for sake of being my own man, I will try to come up with my own and then maybe compare notes. The fist thing I need to do is start getting more sleep and start getting up in the morning. As of this morning, I usually roll out of bed 30 minutes from needing to be where I am to be in the morning. Realistically, there is no way I am going to be able to get all of these workouts in after work. Second, I need to figure out and establish my "one thing." I read about it on Trinewbies... here is what TriNewbies says about the "one thing:"

The "One Thing"
What is your One Thing, your reason for being out there in the first place? Solidify a clear purpose for the day and then expect your body to question your mind's commitment to that purpose. Expect this internal debate and prepare/rehearse your rebuttal. I remind myself that the pain and discomfort I feel is only temporary. Pain can't stop the clock and no matter how bad it gets, it has to end sometime. My job is to keep running in a straight line until they tell me to stop.

Just reading that gives me freakin goose bumps... but at this point, I have several things... I need to find that one thing and also start my training... maybe tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fleshing out the one thing feels as true as the pavement upon which we run. I'm praying.