Monday, October 23, 2006

MONDAY 10-23-2006:

Today is the official first day of training. Well, I guess I am off with a bang. Let's see, the training I had planned for today way to swim 2000 and run 3 to 5. Did it happen? Nope. Instead I consumed about 2000 calories of pizza, wings, Dr. Peppers, a sonic blast and a corn dog. Tonight was Young Life Club and the training just did not materialize. Not good. I keep telling myself that I have plenty of time, but in the back of my mind I know that kind of logic will be dangerous down the road. I am on the edge of mediocrity. Very close to not being motivated... I must nip this in the bud. The plan is to move on, forget about today and start again tomorrow. On thing I know is that in the event, as is in life, you must live in the now. Worry about what you can control and let go of the rest.

I am confident in myself to pull it together. The picture of myself crossing the finish line depicts a very different human being than what is pounding out this blog entry. There will be a lot of changes from here to there, that I am certain. I am excited to see that picture of me finishing the Ironman. Please understand that I will have to be border line obsessed with Ironman in order to motivate myself, so try not to get sick of it.

One of my main motivators right now is the inspiration received by reading Dean Karnazes Ultra Marathon Man. This book is truly amazing... showing proof that ordinary people can do extraordinary crap. An Ironman is just a drop in the bucket compared to the things Dean has done and written about in his book. Check out his website: http://www.ultramarathonman.com/flash/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rhythms are cathartic. Praying for rhythm.