Monday, October 30, 2006

Setback: The First Obstacle

Today, I went for my much awaited Gait Analysis. Here's the short version: my gimp foot is all jacked up. Apparently the string of injuries I have had in my left foot over my life, including fracture, liz frank injury, ruptured achilles, IT band issues, and a torn adductor, are all interrelated. The end result is a floppy foot and a time bomb for a running injury. I am so glad I went. As the therapist set up the tripod to film me running, she said, "does that hurt?"

"What?" I was truely puzzeled.

"Running?" She said, "because it looks painful."

I am so glad I went. I am trying to avoid injury and apparently, the gait analysis was a great idea! Here's the problem: The Ortho said, NO RUNNING... until we get some therapy and especially orthotics in place. He said my love (or in my current history, hate) for running will drastically improve with orthotics. I am cautiously optimistic.

So I guess my training really does start Monday... Which Monday, I just don't know. I plan to keep swimming and cycling just the same... Just keep moving forward and make good decisions!

No comments: