Monday, October 30, 2006

Took advantage of the time change to trick myself into getting up early this morning for a swim. As part of my goal setting program, I am going to be moving the bulk of my run and swim workouts to before work. This will enable me to have a life, albeit a pretty lame and dorky one, after work.

So anyway, I did manage to get up early this morning. On 7 hours of sleep, I trudged to the gym. I am pleased with the lack of humans in the pool on Monday morning, it was nice and peaceful until about 7:00 and the fats and such came out of the woodwork (good for them, right?) The water seemed to have far less chemicals than Friday, and by far less chemicals, I mean you could see the bottom. I swam incident and burn free, so that is good news... however, the maintenance man and management staff all deny that anything was ever wrong with it... I seriously don't believe them. Additionally, the maintenance guy did mention that he came in on his day off to check the pool... right.

Swim workout #4:
  • 200 Warmup
  • 200 Pull (w/ paddles)
  • 300 Kick (w/fins)
  • 400 Free 8:08:22
  • 200 Pull (w/ paddles)
  • 300 Kick (w/ fins)
  • 400 Free 8:10:02
Confessions:
  1. I am very dissinterested in the warm up and cool down, I feel they are a waste of time. Somehow, I think that may be stupid, but let's go with it for now.
  2. Felt like crap this morning in the pool... especially in the 400 set. Just felt a little out of synch and such. This shook my motivation a little bit.
  3. I wanted to quit after the first kick set (just being honest)
  4. Got a little bored today
  5. Had a bit of a breakthrough on the pull paddle drill. Felt like my form was great and balanced.
  6. I am worried about my form and the possibility that I am training myself into bad habits. I think I need to swim with someone or a group soon.
Oh, I almost forgot... today is my gait analysis. I am very excited about it. If I could just get to the point where running is fun and pain free, life would be great! My run training is to begin officially this week. I took about two weeks off to let my shinn splints heal from the monster tri. I think I am ready. Hopefully these types of decisions will keep me injury free until August!

1 comment:

Brenden said...

this is in reference to your picture....superfood is the SHIT! have you tried the blackbarry fruit shake? that one is good too!