Monday, November 06, 2006

Whew, what a weekend. What a great weekend. Didn't train much, but had a great weekend. I had a very good buddy come into town to visit. Instead of my usual Saturday morning bike ride, I power ate at Cafe Brazil... oooh MIGAS! My bowels will probably never recover. It was sort of a dreary weather weekend, so we moped around for most of the day, went to the book store and read and visited. My only Ironman training for Saturday night was a cheese eating workout followed by a wine drinking brick. This workout is for strengthening intestinal fortitude and a reverse core exercise. Let's just say I had a great workout.

Sunday morning we doubled up with another trip to Cafe Brazil... Oh yeah! I did ride Sunday, so that is good. I skipped church and got a short trail ride in. I rode pretty hard despite the belly full of pancakes, eggs, bacon, butter, coffee, last night's cheese... It was good. In fact I rode so hard I screwed up some spokes on my rear wheel.

Got home just in time for it to start raining. Then spent some time getting ready for Young Life club Monday. Then around late afternoonish, RB and I split for crazy Fort Worth to go hear the Fray play live. We ate at Joe T Garcia's and had a few cervesas before the show. I think I am officially finished eating for the year! The show was awesome! We got home at 1:00am, so I missed the Monday morning swim. I am just off to a stellar start!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No worries...the weekend was absolutely perfect! We will resume training tomorrow bright and early at the pool ---that is, if I can get my lazy ass out of bed at 5:30 am.

Darren Durrett said...

Uh yeah... so what happened with getting up this morning? Whoops!