Thursday, November 09, 2006

Training Update

I have recently been referred to as someones "favorite non-training fat ironman to be." After hearing this, I realized that due to my lack of posting updates, the general public (yes, all 2 of you) thinks I am not training and fat. Let me dispel that misconception: I have been training very hard. Yes, cross-training, in fact. I have been working very hard on my intestinal fortitude training. Last night, I did three sets of frozen margaritas with a shiner bock super set at the end. Between reps, I added a couple of sets of fish tacos, chips and lots of salsa.

I have been in the throws of a major career decision and the stress and focus has caused slight deviation. I will have you know, though, that I have not had a single dip of Copenhagen throughout the ordeal. This is huge for me. My usual stress crutch is a pinch of snuff.

The only beneficial thing I have done since last week's mountain bike ride is continued physical therapy. We are working on my foot, ankle and proprioceptors. Actually, the therapy has cause a great deal of soreness. I guess it is working. Monday, I go for my orthotics and will finally get to begin my run training. I am really fired up about all of that.

No comments: