Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Tuesday Track

"T" is for Tuesday and "Tuesday" is for Track! I have to be honest, at first I hated the track workout... Even though it is HOT and TOUGH, I am beginning to really enjoy the track. For the past 20 years Coach Phelan has been running the Tuesday night track workouts at Hillcrest Highschool. The athletes that show up are the whose who of Dallas runners. I love the comraderie and community of this workout. This night I was a little worried about jumping back onto the track after being sick for a while and just getting my legs back, so Coach took it easy on me. The last time I attended a track workout, I think his goal was to make me puke! Anyway, Becca and I had a great time and everyone is just so friendly! The weather was very hot and humid but all in all it was great!

Here is my workout:

Warmup: 1 Mile easy
Mile: 7:38.09
1000 Meter: 4:50.25
800 Meter: 3:52.33
800 Meter: Sat this one out
400 Meter: 1:42.35
400 Meter: 1:46.79
200 Meters (optional)
200 Meters (optional)
30 minutes on the bike easy spin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do u run without stopping? Where do you get the energy?