Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Good Morning! Well, again, I made it up this morning for a little workout. Becca got in late last night after the Justin Timberlake Concert (no big loss that I missed that one!) and woke me up around Midnight. I was just asleep when the dogs started barking... I had a long hard day of a Sales Blitz and then Young Life Club with 6 High School kids in the car blasting Hip Hop as loud as my GM/BOSE speakers would go on the way to a beach party themed club! Needless to say, it was a taxing day yesterday and this morning came VERY fast. I did it though! I got out of bed and headed to the pool. This morning was a hodge-podge workout... I forgot my workout cheetsheet card in my sleepy state. So I did some pulls, kicks, fist drills, and breathing drills. All in it was a solid 2000 Meters.

As I swam and began to take notice of my mental and physical state to be recorded in my log, I noticed the ranking system was a little high: Sleep 6, Stress 9, Fatigue 8, Soreness 8. And I have only really started ramping up. Until now, it has been sort of whatever, swim as much as I can, Ride allot and run some. Then I started thinking about my week and past weekend so far... Saturday: Booked, Sunday: Full, Monday: Crazy then Young Life Club, Tuesday: Crazy Sales Blitz again then Young Life Committee Meeting... It kinda hit me: THIS IS GOING TO BE HARD! I am a little discouraged this morning. I am sore, tired and stressed and just getting going... I am hoping that work will calm down a little and maybe that will help. Until then, it will be a wild ride until Saturday!

3 comments:

Iron Pol said...

If that scale isn't out of 100, you need a day off. I use a 7 point scale, and consider three threes or any fours as time to consider an extra day off.

Great job getting out of bed for the second early day. Here's what I have done, as I'm prone to forgetting things (including my work clothes) when heading out the door.

I print all of my week's workouts and put them in my gym bag. I have a zip-loc bag for the swim workouts. I also make sure I have shoes in case the pool is closed or something.

Those "mixed bag" swim workouts can be challenging. Great job! It will all pay off in the coming weeks.

Bigun said...

big guy - I'm not slated for IMKY this year - but good luck to you!

Darren Durrett said...

My Bad! I saw your link on Iron Pol's list of contenders... Well, I like your blog anyway!